Our Classic lump charcoal (previously known as Standard) is perfect for BBQ’s, as well as many other forms of traditional-style cooking and even fire heating. The pieces of charcoal are screened to sizes approximately 35mm to 70mm. However, due to transport and handling, smaller pieces can eventuate.
Classic sized lump is excellent for those doing hot and fast cooks but also versatile enough to pull off a low and slow cook if used correctly.
- Target pits - Kettles and kamados
- Easy to light (especially when a charcoal chimney is used)
- Clear burning – no smoke
- Long lasting – the density of Gidgee wood produces charcoal with a long burn time
- Exceptional even heat delivery
- Never burn charcoal inside homes, vehicles or tents – it gives off carbon monoxide which can kill you
- Never use charcoal in a gas or electric oven or stove
- Keep children clear of both charcoal fires, hot surfaces and ash